Musicale is a music school based in Harpenden that was founded in 1977. We are the leading music hub in the area providing music education for over 700 children, young people and adults every week from our main building and within the local primary and secondary schools.
- Cello Teacher
- Guitar teacher
- Electric guitar teacher
We are looking for new team members to join our music school who will teach beginner students up to advanced and some adults on occasion.
- Teachers are self-employed and earn £29.50 per hour or £40 for ensemble and group work. No hidden fees are taken off this amount.
- We provide a safe environment for our students to learn and commit to safe-guarding and promoting the welfare of our students.
- We strongly believe that learning music enhances lives and offers opportunities for all those involved
- We are a very friendly team of professional musicians who provide lessons for over 650 students each week.
- passionate and knowledgeable about their instrument
- Classical or jazz music training from a recognised music institution or university
- Enhanced DBS certified
- ambitious for the possibilities of ensembles and projects
- personable, energetic, a team worker, flexible
- 3+ years’ experience working within the music industry
- 2+ years’ experience working with or within school music departments
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check and excellent contactable references.
We are looking for a new team member to join our Harpenden office who will support
the growth of our business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Front of house welcoming students throughout the day to Musicale and
answering any queries at Reception
• Day to day answering of email and phone enquiries
• Weekly timetabling of the music schools’ tuition for St George’s School and
after school at Musicale
• Room allocation for 30+ teaching staff throughout the week
• Liaising with St George’s School for student timetables and attendance
• Signing up new students into our Music school management and invoicing
• Chasing overdue invoice payments
• Taking care of the maintenance of Homecroft – for example arranging fire and
electrical inspections, health and safety precautions, cleaning contracts
• Ordering stationery and hygiene supplies
• Administration work supporting our teachers – for example assisting with
enhanced DBS applications, safeguarding certificates, teacher contracts
• Supporting other team members for the smooth running of music groups,
orchestras, ensembles, holiday courses and instrument demonstrations
• Timetabling external hall hire bookings and issuing hall booking contracts
This role offers a salary of £16,000 to £19,000 and a generous holiday
allowance of over 10 weeks per year. Ideally working from 9am to 5pm Monday to
Friday although for the right candidate flexibility around working hours is a possibility.